A Great California Vacation Spot
Half Moon Bay is at the heart of the San Mateo Coastside, a hidden gem in the San Francisco Bay Area extending from Montara to Pescadero.
Less than 30 minutes by car from San Francisco and Silicon Valley, it’s the perfect destination for a fun California getaway without the usual crowds.
Come and enjoy:
- Pillar Point harbor, home base for commercial and sport fishing, whale watching, scenic cruises and sailing
- Unspoiled redwood groves
- Miles of natural beaches, tidepools and big waves
- Surfing, sailing, paddleboarding and kayaking
- Farms, wineries, nurseries and vineyards
- Unique shops, art galleries, and antique stores
- Historic downtown areas of Half Moon Bay and Pescadero
- Spectacular cliffs, canyons, and miles of hiking and biking trails
- National marine and bird sanctuaries
- Great local restaurants, wineries, and craft breweries
- Day spas
Whether you’re looking for action and adventure or peace and tranquility, the Half Moon Bay Coastside is one of the best California vacation spots.
The Coastside is a great place to visit year-round. Three annual events draw a lot of visitors, so plan early if these are on your wish list!